MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, April 26, 2010

MATCH GAME?


Here is "Outta this World" finished. I am really happy with how it looks in my hallway!
Truthfully, I painted it to match my interior. I have greige as my wall colour, there are some blacks in the furniture, some red in my door and the room attached is grey-blue!
Now, I know what you are thinking! "Oh Rob, matching your art to your house......c'mon, isn't that a cardinal sin?" well.......
I am one of the few art-type-people who can see the need to have your room look consistent and coordinated! There. I said it. I took a few years of Interior Design and think (generally) it is good to have a cohesive look to your room - from a design point of view. BUT BUT BUT having said that, you need to buy art that you LOVE, and that makes you happy (even if it is a painting of the Canadian wilderness who's who) and maybe you could build a whole room around the art!!!
So, gentle readers, what do you think?
Should you try to match artwork to the room?
Or is better to not match at all?
I would love to know your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment