MORE ABOUT ME

Saturday, June 19, 2010

CALL OF NATURE

More from my "Mixed Messages" Series. I am making my way to 20 completed pieces for the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition (which is 19 days away!) This piece is called "Call of Nature". Just to remind you, and to inform any new readers, I have stolen imagery from my extensive catalogue of completed paintings. I print the images, then reassemble the bits and bobs to create these super cute 9" x 6" shadow boxes.





The background on this piece was built using imagery from the commissioned piece "Fresh Apples". I did this piece years ago, for a Doctor's office. I thought it was great then, and I was thrilled with the number of people who got to see it!
The phone is from "Chatty Lady". which IS STILL AVAILABLE! Crazy, huh? As usual, I added some ink on top just to make it 'pop'. On this piece, I also added a little metal plate with the word 'of' just to make sure that it was grammatically correct!


No comments:

Post a Comment