MORE ABOUT ME

Thursday, October 7, 2010

BARGAIN SHOPPING: PART 1

OK, so the truth is, I love to visit antique markets.
But the bigger truth? I LOVE a deal. Oh......the thrill of the hunt!!! then to be rewarded with A BARGAIN!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!
As you know,  I have been collecting stuff for new mixed media works. It is hard, because I am not shopping so much for me, as I am for someone else. Simply put, I LOVE to pend money on myself, but I do not love to spend it on others. There. I said it!
So, here are some recent examples of good shopping.

Antique market price on this retro hand mixer was $10.












Garage sale price on this? TEN CENTS!!! I know, crazy huh?

These little .5" x .5" letter blocks were $1.00 a piece in Toronto.....


I bought a bag of 50 these wooden blocks (which were 1" x 1") for $15.00 in Freelton. (which I know is NOT a cheap Antique Market)
















Another example.......I can buy old scrabble tiles online for about 10-15 bucks + shipping.....(which is always a lot here in Canada. I think because the mail comes by dogsled here!)














BUT.....I BOUGHT THE WHOLE DAMN GAME AT THE VALUE VILLAGE FOR.......WAIT FOR IT...............$3.99 + tax!

So there you go. My cheap side exposed. I will continue to post on this in the coming year. I am sure you must have a comment for this one?!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rob,
    Just FYI, those blocks are not so much antiques as still widely sold at children's toy stores.
    Love,
    Ms. Know it All

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous......
    Just FYI, those blocks the wooden vintage variety - are impossible to find.
    Love,
    Mr. Oh no you Dint

    ReplyDelete