MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TAG.....YOU'RE IT!

Funny how things happen as you are thinking about them!
Call it 'the Secret' or the power of attraction....or whatever, but I had a great example of it today.
No, I did not win the lottery......but still.
I am working up a new piece (see this post) and as part of the background I am layering stuff in....
yesterday I worked up a drawing of an old post card back.....and then last night I started working up a
drawing of travel luggage tag. It was great fun.....here is what inspired me:

And then I came upon this artist who has interesting work:


Day 256: Vintage Airline Tags 
by Lisa Congdon
On January 1, 2010, I began a project that would span exactly one year, until December 31, 2010. For every day, I photographed or drew (and occasionally painted) one collection.
Since I was a young girl, I have been obsessed with collecting and with arranging, organizing and displaying my collections. A Collection A Day is my attempt to document my current collections, both the real and the imagined. The only rule: I must post a photograph or drawing of a whole or part of a collection each day for 365 days.

And so the tag I finally designed, that worked with my whole outer space theme looked like this:
F-U-N! Don't you think? The number 134340 is what scientists are referring to as the planet formally known as Pluto. Clever Trevor!
But the point of all this....I braved the nasty canadian winter today and left my studio to do errands and BAM! I stumbled upon an old suitcase in someone's garbage..........on it were some old travel tags!
I KID YOU NOT!
And then came across these new tags in a dollar store:



I LOVE IT when the Universe sends me a sign......
Now to put my energy into winning the lottery.....I will be set for life!!!!
I love it when a plan comes together!


No comments:

Post a Comment