MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, June 17, 2011

MISSISSAUGA NEWS!

Hey friends!
So, I wanted  to share a couple of things today.
One. This article from the Mississauga Newspaper.
I was pleased for the most part!
Take a look see:

BUT there are a bunch of inaccuracies in the article.

First. 39? I am sure I would not have told him 39.
I think he meant 29.
TWENTY NINE!!
DAMN IT!
Ok, and I have been doing this for more than 5 years!
Also, I have had many more than 15 shows. 
In fact closer to 55 art shows.
Yes, FIFTY FIVE.
Ok...Rob, stop nitpicking. Any press is good press.


In other news, I have been working on new works for the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition.
So far I have a bunch done.
I am doing new "Mixed Message" shadow boxes -  all small stuff for the show ($100 - $250 pieces).
I KNOW!!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!
Here is the latest - it is called "Luck be a Lady".


This 9" x 12" has imagery 'recycled' from the following pieces:

Queens, 18" x 14" - still available

Bee Proud,  20" x 16" - sold

Mustang Sally, 60" x 30"- still available

Like all the rest of the pieces in the series, it has painted and ink elements.
It also has applied wood and scrabble tiles.
What do you think?
Would you hang it on your walls?
I would love your opinion!!

2 comments: