MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, August 26, 2011

ANTIQUES AND ART - see the connection!

Happy Friday all!!
Here are some pictures I took whilst out antiquing this last weekend.
Although, I am not sure you can call it antiquing when you do not purchase anything.
When people are just out for something to do at an art show I call them "lookie-loo's"
So, basically that is what I was.
Here are some photos from that day!
And to make it more about my art - I have included some of my own work  that is influenced by the stuff I found at the stores!!! Check it out!!


We were out at Queen West and almost Roncesvalles, there are a bevy of stores out there that you should check out! Here are 2 I like a lot!



This place is a treasure trove of cool yuppie stuff, that I cannot afford.....but love to look at!


Like a giant (fake) hero sandwich
Although I have troubles looking a a sandwich the same way after "Bridesmaids"..
YEEESH!

I love this sign. It was enormous...and sold.
You know I how I love signs...

CHECK OUT THESE WORKS THAT I DID BASED ON SIGNAGE:
"Decompose" - SOLD

"Decay" - SOLD
Another great sign!
OK...back to stuff at the store:
Obviously I would love this one....I did a whole series of Pinball machines



Totally inspiring for me!
HERE ARE ANOTHER COUPLE OF MY WORKS THAT ARE INFLUENCED BY THESE:

"The Gambler" is available!! It is 22" x 12" (and is meant to mimic the games above!!)


"Shot for the Moon", 30" x 15".  ALSO AVAILABLE!
Next door at:


I love these old car doors....not sure what you do with them.....
See how I am influenced by old cars:
"Live for Danger", AVAILABLE - CLICK HERE

"Mustang Sally", ALSO AVAILABLE - CLICK HERE
Back to the store finds:
A perfect addition to my creepy clown band.

OMG.....I WOULD MARRY THIS CLOCK.
(no, it did not ask)

GREAT old posted for the Circus......I am heavily influenced by this kind of stuff too!
SOLD.....but check out similar works HERE

Also SOLD.......and from the same series as.....THIS
OK.....the last thing from the store...was SPECTACULAR...look at this:

Again.....you know why I love it!! It is great inspiration for my own version of 'backglass':
"Beauty Queen" is still available (and yes, she lights up too!!)
So there you go!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVES queen west antique centre, but alas, cannot afford their prices.

    ReplyDelete