MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

#WW30: DINOSAURS, CHEESECAKE and a bit of NAUGHTINESS!

Welcome to Wonderful Wednesday!
A day dedicated to the 5 things that I find interesting or inspiring this week!!
But i have a little news.......
Ok....you know how I always post a creepy place or artist as part of my WW......well due to popular demand, now it will have it's own post. I am gonna call it "Creep of the Week" and I am gonna post it once a week. So you will have to wait for that!!
In the meantime,  here is this week's post......


1.) My Vintage Ave Blog.  Sarah Andreacchio is an artist and a fellow vintage lover! You gotta check out her blog - she posts tonnes of stuff from AMAZING illustrators/designers/painters. I stole these images from her M.V.A. blog:







ALSO she is quite talented herself. You can see her lovely illustrations at http://happy-mitou.blogspot.com - like these that I have stole from her site:








You can buy her prints on ETSY as well!


2.) Terra Nova




Ok, so as you may or may not know, each fall husband and I 'audition' all the new shows for t.v. to see what we think will be keepers. This year, it has been a bit ABYSMAL. I had such high hopes for the period pieces: Pan Am and Playboy Club. Sadly, neither one is super fantabulous! Sigh. So, we had to look back further than the 1960's for a show that would be entertaining. Back to the Cretaceous Period. The show centers on the Shannons, an ordinary family from 2149 when the planet is dying who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization.
OK Ok...sounds ridiculous I know..... The action is actually pretty good, and the set direction is stellar. The acting is good too. It is from Steven Spielberg....so I had high expectations, but I really enjoyed it. You should check it out!!!




3.) I hafta give my sister a shout out. She is a Krafty lady, and this past Thanksgiving weekend she made this:


Double layer pumpkin cheesecake. It was DELISH!!!!!!! Here is a LINK to the recipe 
(PLEASE NOTE - my Krafty sister replaced the crust with crushed up gingerbread cookies...OMG - Genius move!!


4.) Where's my Water. Ok, so for those of you with an i-device (like an ipad/iphones/ipod touch) this app is a perfect little time waster!!!!! It is a 99 cent app that will keep you amused on many a boring bus trip  or church sermon. The object of the game: get water into a bathtub for a cuddly croc named Swampy, who despite the sabotaging ways of his fellow croc's...just NEEDS to be clean! Here are a couple screen shots:







4.) OK....this made me laugh out loud this week. BUT IT IS NOT CHILD FRIENDLY.












    So AINB make sure the cute kids close their eyes.....












   I will wait....














   Ready??








  
"Disenchanted" is a series of paintings from up-and-coming Mexican artist José Rodolfo Loaiza Ontiveros. Appropriating beloved Disney heroes and heroines, Ontiveros places them in the darker human realities of perversion, voyeurism, and addiction. He also utilizes the contextual irony of his work to tackle more complicated issues, such as sexuality and faith.







READY?? (as always, you can click on the images to enlarge them)












This is my favourite. I have made it my desktop!!
So there you go!
Another week for you, I hope you enjoyed W.W.!
I love your comments!



3 comments:

  1. Dear Rob,
    Thank you so much for this very nice post on your blog !!! :)
    I'm flattered !!! :D

    Cheers,

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too are addicted to Where's my Water. David, who has his own non-i-device can't get the game, so he insists on taking MINE to play it. LOL!! Great post. I'm far behind! :( Must catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure Sarah....keep up the good work!!
    AINB - glad you are catching up!!
    Thanks (as always) for the comments!!

    ReplyDelete