MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WW50: MI4 and Mispronunciation



1.) MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: GHOST PROTOCOL. Ok, I know I am really late on this one.....but I saw it in IMAX last night. It was heart stopping action. No seriously!!! It was one of the best action movies I have seen!!!! I am not a Tom Cruise fan, thankfully it is more about an ensemble.......I liked the addition of Simone Pegg and Jeremy Renner in this!!
This is the directors (Brad Bird) first full length feature film with non- animated characters (he worked for Pixar before this). So I just loved it. LOVED it!! Love all the great gadgetry!!!!!!!!! Although this scene in IMAX made me a bit barfy!!!!!


Catch it is its last days in theatres, or get ready to rent it.....it is a spy thriller worth seeing. Heart stopping action!!!


2.) Pinterest. 


I am loving all the time I can waste on this site. What the heck is it?? Think of it like a online bulletin board. You can make 'boards' that you 'pin' images you like onto. It is great for inspiration!!! You can re-pin and follow people, and I think you will like it!! If you want a way to organize all your great recipes (by the images) or maybe inspiration for your living room or even stuff you want as xmas gifts...this is the place to keep that. You can make your profile private......or share your need finds with everyone. I encourage you to check it out- and follow me!!!!!! I post every couple of days new stuff that I LOVE. So, if you want to see more stuff that I think is "inspirational" - check me out!!!!!


3.) I thought these were cool art pieces. Inspired by the atmosphere of chaos and uncertainty of today's global economy, artist Dimitri Tsykalov created a series of giant unraveling credit cards made from yarn. The credit cards were part of an exhibition titled 'Money' at Galerie Rabouan Moussion.






4.) SMASH - the music. I blogged about this one BEFORE it came out.......read my pre-review of the show HERE. Thankfully I am enjoying the show. I really like the songs too. Some are borrowed (a la Glee) cover tunes....but the series features original music by composers Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. (Hairspray the Musical). Here are a couple you tubes of the songs I like:
Katherine McPhee singing an original song:

Megan Hilty singing a cover of Carrie Underwood's song "Crazy Dreams":


5.) This made me laugh........you have all seen these on YouTube.......they help new english learners to sound out familiar words....i.e."


and then there are these ones that are funny but SERIOUSLY UNHELPFUL for people learning the language!













Go to the You Tube for more....they make me laugh!

1 comment:

  1. The Guinness one made me laugh out loud!



    Cindy

    ReplyDelete