MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WW51:

This "Wonderful Wednesday" post is gonna be short and sweet!
I load in my booth for The Artist Project tomorrow!
If you don't know what I am talking about......you are WAAAAY behind on reading my blog - as it is all I have talked about for WEEKS........so here it is - my short WW post:

Lately I have been a 'Yesterdays-news-Yanni'. You know what I mean?? I have been finding out interesting things for this blog way past the time when they are relevant - and newsworthy..........but there are 2 movies from the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....Oscars........that I really want you to check out if you haven't already!!!

1.) The Artist. Husband says it is too gimicky...but I thought it was fantastic.  I thought it was super clever in concept and very entertaining to watch!!!! See it!



2.) The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. One word. SPECTACULAR! Here it is in it's entirety.......it is well worth the 15 minutes.........I think it is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Did I mention I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED it??

3.) Stickers and Stuff is a blog I really enjoy!!!! 




S&S explains itself as a "scrapbook of inspirational things, places and spaces I hope you enjoy it too." Look at these things that were posted in the last few days!!!





4.) You know I love the whole 'steampunk' movement. Not so much that I want to wear a leather bomber jacket and aviator eyeglasses.....but I still do like it!! I really like these...



lindsey bessanon began her creative career as a jeweler in arizona, USA in 2003, casting insects in gold or silver. 
however, bessanon's work soon morphed into one more sculptural in nature as she hoped to appreciate the coloring of each bug 
by adding metallic parts, resulting in a collection of robotic bugs. 

bessanon first acquires dried, dead insects from suppliers on ebay, special collectors or entomologist websites. 
when ready to begin work on a piece, the artist re-humidifies the specimens in order to properly shape them. 
bessanon then repositions the legs and wings, fanning them in her intended arrangement. following the initial appendage setting, 
the artist pins the insect to a piece of styrofoam, allowing her to more easily add the cogs, gears, levers and steel mechanisms to the insect. after a period of two weeks, the intricate robotic bug sculpture is completed-- the colors of the insect play off of the silver and gold of the gears, bringing together the two media preferred by the artist.




5.) This is funny............enjoy "Movie: The Movie". Thank you Jimmy Kimmel for being a lunatic!!!!! Check out this clip - you will NOT regret it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment