MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, March 26, 2012

SPRING HAS SPRUNG

Hideeho All!
So, I know what you are thinking......ROB.......we haven't seen any new work from you for WEEKS!
Well, it doesn't mean that I haven't been doing anything.
HOW DARE YOU! Catching up on Ellen is VERy taxing!
;-)
So, I am part of a group show that is celebrating spring.
It is at MJG Gallery. Located in the heart of Cabbagetown, (555 Parliament St - Just south of Wellesley)

It's a fairly new gallery...and is owed by Mark Gleberzon.
It is a really nice space and Mark is great!
Here is his gallery facebook page.....and his site!

I don't have all the deets yet.....but it is a Spring theme. With lots of different artists!
Here is one of my BRAND NEW submissions:
"Hope Springs Eternal". 11" x 14", Acrylic and Ink on Mixed media.
So, let me break this one down for you.
I stained the wood on the left and painted on the word "Hope".
The middle has a series of springs.
The final part is a heat transfer of an older (sold) painting.
I then added ink and paint on top to make it look complete.

Here is the SECOND one I did for the show:
"No Spring Chicken", 11" x 14", Acrylic and Ink on Mixed media. 
So, on this one.....
I painted a green background and applied two letters "N and O" (then I painted on top of them to colour correct them) The middle has a huge spring with 2 pieces of stock holding it.
I painted a chicken one the wood on the right.
I attached a couple of chickens (one black wooden - hand painted piece) and a rubber one (top right)
The final part is a heat transfer of a tin toy chicken from another old painting (sold) "Cock-Up"
I then added ink and paint washes on top to make it look complete.

So whadda ya think????
I will post all the details and an invite by the end of the week!!
Have a great one!!!

2 comments: