MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WW73: PANCAKE POPS, TOY STORY MANIA and SPARKLE

THESE ARE BUSY DAYS!!!!!
I am in the middle of a commission of Hitler (details forthcoming) for a television show....
Plus tonight I have my first ever "Art Chat" at Hangman Gallery at 6:30pm.
PLEASE COME OUT....I am gonna try to keep it interesting!!
(I am kinda freaking out about standing and talking about myself for an hour....honestly I would rather talk about anything/anyone else!!!)
Ok...so let me talk about the 5 things that I am loving this week!!

1.) I WANT TO GO TO THERE. You know how I love me some Pixar? Well I love the new Toy Story area added onto Tokyo Disneyland. It is based on the Luna Parks that were at Coney Island (and all over the world) Check it out:









HERE IT IS AT NIGHT!!!


Here is some of the inspiration (aka who they stole from):





I know Mark and Jeff would LOVE to go!!!! Wouldn't you???
(thanks to disneyandmore.blogspot.ca - GO SEE MORE and even some video on their blog!!!!)

2.) Sparkle. THE MOVIE!!!

You know I love a good song and dance movie! This one is a re-do of the 1976 movie of the same name. The original movie inspired the hit broadway musical "Dreamgirls"!!!!! This version is a slightly different time frame (the 60's instead of the 50's) and stars Whitney Houston and Jordin Sparks. I am really looking forward to seeing this movie!!!!!


So, yes, I do have the soundtrack and in this movie, we hear some of the original songs by Curtis Mayfield that are FANTASTIC (this is from the original movie - but is in the new one too):

And then some new songs that are 60's inspired. And then there is this new toe-tapper:

ok...the video is a bit awkward...what with Miss Whitney being gone....but I still LOVE IT!!!

3.) These cool assemblage lamps. My hubby found these on ETSY....and I love them!!



Check out all of his supercool lamps!!

4.) You know how I love pancakes, right? I am coo coo for them! And then there is my love of almost ANYTHING on a stick!!! So here is an idea I like a lot. Probably IDEAL for kiddies....or for big fat kids like me.  Thanks to Melissa at 'no. 2 pencil' for this!!!

Check out her great recipe HERE...and look at these photos:




5.) Jimmy Kimmel + celebrities read mean tweets...FUNNY:





No comments:

Post a Comment