MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, September 24, 2012

BLACK MONDAY - NEW WORK

Well,  it is "black monday".
Why? Today marks the day my youth dies. Here on my 40th birthday, I must now face the fact that I am officially old!
Sigh.
But, this depressing occasion will not stop me from blogging.
Oh - hell - no.
Instead of wallowing, I want to share some more 'smalls' that I will be showing at my upcoming show:


"Sign of the Times", October 3rd-27th, Gallery at 129 Ossington.
Opening night reception:
THURSDAY OCTOBER 11TH from 7-10pm

Ok....on with the new work....
Here are two of my new 'smalls' that I will be exhibiting.

There are 9 new pieces that look like little shadow-box-like dioramas.
As i mentioned on Friday, each piece has been painstakingly created from balsa wood, glue, paint and ink.
The billboard has re-worked imagery from my existing artwork, plunked into almost theatrical scenery!!

(remember you can click them to make them bigger -aka 'enbiggen' them)

"Feed Cities", 12" x 9", Acrylic on Mixed media.
"Move", 9" x 12", Acrylic on mixed media. 

I love them. I think they keep getting better and better!!
What say you??


No comments:

Post a Comment