MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, September 28, 2012

SCARBOROUGH BLUFFS

It seems to be a trend for me to post brand new work on Fridays.
So, as to not disappoint you...here is a new piece!!

Thankfully I am in the home stretch........getting all the 24 pieces ready for the hang next week.
Here are the deets AGAIN:
"Sign of the Times: a new solo exhibition by Rob Croxford"
October 3rd-27th, Gallery at 129 Ossington, Toronto
OPENING RECEPTION: OCTOBER 11TH, 7PM- 10PM
Remember to come out on October 11th and have a drink with me!!!!!!!!!
So here is my latest for the show:


"It Blows", 36" x 24", Acrylic on Board.
So as you can see, this one is about the intended wind farm for Scarborough.
It is mired in controversy.......so I figured it was worth commenting on!
The poster part is of the bluffs - with the turbines in the water.
The background of the piece is a lovely water/bird inspired wallpaper.
There is a vintage aspirin container (representing the alleged health risks), and also a Blackburnian Warbler (that's one of the endangered birds ;-)
The quote is on a fake postcard and says "You don't need top be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." It is from Bob Dylan.
Ok....I think that is all I can tell you about this one.
PLEASE come out and see it live.....everything looks better in person!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment