MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WW107: POWER, POWERHOUSE, & "POWER" QUOTATION MARKS??

Hey guys.....even though my house looks like this:
I am still making time to share 5 things I LOVE this week! That's how much I care!!
Enjoy:

1.) Feeling Powerless???? Let me recommend the Energizer XP4001 Universal Portable Charger. No seriously, ever gone away for the day and know that you would be without power? (Power for your devices.) Well this little gadget is the cure for that! It will charge any small cellular devise from your iPhone to your iPad Mini!! Here it is in my hot little hands:
"iPhone 5 accessories" 
Here are the IMPORTANT things about it....
It has a 4,000mAh capacity, interchangeable connection tips allow charging of virtually ANY device, it
provides long lasting battery life and is rechargeable up to 500 times, and it includes powersafe battery cell technology!Here are some promotional pictures:
"iPhone 5 accessories" 

"iPhone 5 accessories" 

"iPhone 5 accessories" 

So I LOVE that I have a battery backup for times when I NEED it!!!
But I also love that you can get more than two full charges from the portable charger before it needs recharging. And thankfully, it has little buttons that tell you how much juice you have left!!!
Allegedly, (and I say this, because I haven't tested the limit yet!) it will give your smart phone an additional 8 hours of power! Ok, yes. it is a kinda large (just bigger than my iPhone) but look at how much power it will supply! COME ON!!
YOU NEED THIS ONE!!!

2.) This American Life.

I have been super into podcasts (I know I am a little late to that party - but still) and this is one I REALLY enjoy. T.A.L. is a weekly public radio show that has won all of the major broadcasting awards. It is also often the most popular podcast in the country, with around 700,000 people downloading each week.  Each week there's a theme to each episode, and a variety of stories on that theme. It's mostly true stories of everyday people, though not always.

There are several ways to get the show: 1. Stream radio episodes for free from the archive , 2. Listen on the radio or 3. Subscribe to the free weekly podcast. You can also read about shows they're doing on the road,  and even submit a story idea, or follow them on Facebook or Twitter.

3.) The music from Bombshell. (and Smash the not as great tv show)

Yes. I am a sucker for a show tune.....go ahead mock me. But I really am enjoying the MUSIC from Smash. Scott Wittman & Marc Shaiman put together a snappy musical! No question about that! This album features all the songs from the show and a few new ones sung beautifully by Katharine McPhee & Megan Hilty (who is an absolute powerhouse). There is bonus demos from both Jane Krakowski and the amazing Christine Ebersole!
It includes this song, which is one I LOOOOVE:

(POWERHOUSE!!!)

4.) This is beautifully done! The Me Bird.


The short film "The Me Bird" is described as "a free interpretation of the homonym poem by Pablo Neruda. The inspiration in the strata stencil technique helps conceptualize the repetition of layers as the past of our movements and actions. The frames depicted as jail and the past as a burden serve as the background for the story of a ballerina on a journey towards freedom. A diversified artistic experimentation recreates the tempest that connects bird and dancer." I just know that it is pretty to look at!!!!! See it below or click the link to see it on VIMEO!

The Me Bird from 18bis on Vimeo.

(if the video didn't play GO HERE to see it)

5.) If you know me, you know that I like proper grammar. I may not employ perfect punctuation - but I "ALWAYS" know when to put quotes in!! Unlike these (via Buzzfeed)










See "more" HERE OR go to the "granddaddy" of misused quotes at: http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment