MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WW110: D'LISH, THE WYCHWOOD BARNS and TIME MINCHIN (again)

Here 'ya go.......5 things I LOVE this week! If you have a place/person/thing that you think I NEED to experience to be a contender for this weekly post - I encourage you to email me....and let me know!!
Your favourite thing - might be mine - and my regular readers favourite too!!!
Ok.....on with the post....

1.) Do you like your cupcakes? ME TOO! Try D'lish!!!! Very fresh.....a little pricey - but SO YUMMY!!!!!!



The only part that is a little work...is the daily menu. They only bake certain cupcakes on certain days. NO EXCEPTIONS. See the menu HERE!

I went to the Yonge Street shop.....it was cute!!



If you are looking for a treat......this may be it for you!!!! 

2.) Last night I saw 'Oz Great and Powerful'. Now I know haters gonna hate....but I liked it. I didn't have an overblown idea of what I thought the movie should be......so I was not disappointed! I enjoyed the costuming, the scenery, and the technical FX that went into it. It is what you would call a good old fashioned SPECTACLE. If you haven't at least seen some of the scenery stills........you are MISSING OUT! Check them out HERE! The acting was pretty good - although a winged monkey and a china doll steal the show! They seemed to keep a lot of the mythology of Oz.....but then again, I didn't read the books! Yes, the 3D was TOTALLY necessary - and at a couple points was REALLY magical!!! All and all I liked it!
Was it as good as "The Wizard of OZ"?
NO.  But how could it be???
COME ON PEOPLE - shake your heads!!!!!!!!
But what it IS - is an entertaining spectacle......and that is good enough for me!
But the blog worthy-est part? For me....it was the opening credits.......they are AH-MAH-ZING (I DARE you not to love those!!) :
Now go out and see the movie - so that they make MORE of them!!! ;-)

2.) The Wychwood Barns. I was out on the weekend for the first time to this area. It was just GREAT!


Artscape has transformed the historic Wychwood TTC streetcar repair barns located in Toronto’s St. Clair and Christie neighbourhood into the Artscape Wychwood Barns.



The 60,000 sq. ft. multifaceted community centre brings together arts and culture, environmental leadership, heritage preservation, urban agriculture and affordable housing to foster a strong sense of community.


 They have tonnes of programming here.....go to the site to check it all out!!!

4.) I love these!!! Emily Roose designed and stitched breaking news stories into cross stitch samplers.



 Emily says, "I juxtaposed content that is extremely fast and ephemeral (breaking news stories) with a very slow and archival medium (cross stitch). I wanted to see how this transference of medium affects the message of these stories and highlights the absurdity of the way stories are reported in the media and the way we consume them."




Go to her site!!
(thanks Junk Culture for this one)

5.) I like this song....it amused me!! BUT IT IS NOT FOR YOUNG/DELICATE EARS!!
or....if you cannot understand his crazy foreigner accent......or you are missing some of the words.....



No comments:

Post a Comment