MORE ABOUT ME

Saturday, April 13, 2013

EXPLORING SPACE AGAIN!!

Howdee Y'all!
Yes, I know it is Saturday.......but since I have been a TERRIBLE blogger lately - I wanted to share what I have been working on. It is a commission for a new client!
So, what I knew going into the commish was that the clients liked my robots.
(Which I haven't painted in a while.) They especially liked the quote on this painting which is out at a gallery currently:

Truthfully - I was THRILLED to get beck to the bots....they are so fun to paint!!!
So, I took a drawing that I had on standby......one that I was in the middle of working on.....
....and then I "renovated it" to make it more like the other painting in colour and theme.
So, it started with this rough drawing that I sent to the client for approval:
I was pleased with it....but thought it needed a bit more colour.....the client also wanted an "old time" rocketship........so I went back to the drawingboard......and came up with this drawing:
DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!!
So I got the 'go ahead'....and started up. A couple days into production...the piece looked like this:
It was well on its way!
Well.......I won't make you wait any longer......here is the final piece:

COME ON!!!!!!!
I am so thrilled with the final piece!
More importantly (or maybe just as importantly) the client likes it too!!!
What say you????
Love it? Should I do more robots?????

1 comment: