MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WW135: BLOG TO, JENNIFER NETTLES, PHONEBLOKS.....and more.....

5 things I LOVE this week!!

1.) This is a cool art installation. Michael shvo and paul kasmin gallery turned a gas station in New York City into a sculptural sheep pasture!!!!

This installation debuted to the public yesterday, 'sheep station' is a pop-up, surrealist landscape which sets dozens of sculpted farm animals fixed amongst gas pumps and fire extinguishers in a grass-filled getty station.



25 of late french artist françois-xavier lalanne's epoxy stone and bronze sheep sculptures graze within the white picket fence bound rolling lawn. the installation showcases the largest flock ever shown together of lalanne' iconic 'moutons'. the station will be host to a new public art program in the center of the high line arts district and will showcase rotating exhibitions as a temporary art space.


I LOVE IT!!!
(via DesignBoom)

2.) Ok...this is for my geeks! I NEEED this........so let's support it!!! Phonebloks.

What is it?? It s a great idea!! A new phone that works like lego.......so you can get rid of components that don't work without throwing out a whole device!!! AH - MAH - ZING!!!!! See:



AGAIN.....and say it with me........AH......MAH......ZING!
Watch their video:
Now JOIN THEM! CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE IDEA!!

3.) Ok.....this is an article I really LOVED. This is for my Toronto peeps. (Sorry all you non-GTA'ers)
BlogT O is the BEST!!!!!!! Check out this article by Derek Flack! READ IT HERE!!!
I love that the house above (as well as a number around the GTA are just transformers dressed up as houses!) No--- not the robots......but ENERGY transformers!
OR....
Read the rest: http://www.blogto.com/city/2013/09/10_quirky_things_you_might_not_know_about_toronto/

4.) Ok....so I know this is STILL MONTHS AWAY.....but I am looking forward to Jennifer Nettles album that comes out in January.......yes....JAN-U-FREAKING-ARY!!!
I love her from Sugarland........she has a super voice!!!
UNTIL January.......I guess I can just listen to this new song......
It's ok.......enjoyable....but seriously Jen?? January??
I have HUGE expectations! ;-)

5.) Again.....for all my geeks...here are TWO things I just couldn't decide between....first up.....Honest Trailers presents World War Z (BRILLIANT ASSESSMENT - as always!):

OR...........The top 10 best Chewbacca quotes.... here are a few......but you should really read the whole list!!


(thanks Cindy and BuzzFeed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment